Danfoss in Ames, IA is searching for Autonomous Engineer Interns to work in the Application Development Center during the Summer 2023 term. The interns will design and implement demonstration vehicle control systems. This will include interfacing to existing vehicle control systems by modifying existing wiring harnesses and developing control system software where necessary utilizing the PLUS+1 GUIDE toolchain. The focus will be on automating these control systems to demonstrate key software functions that the PLUS+1 Autonomy group offers.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Retrofitting electrical and software systems on mobile machinery
- Computer programing for autonomous machines using Plus+1 Guide software
- Implementing perception, position, and navigation systems on autonomous machines
- Designing, installing, and testing electrical wiring on mobile machinery
- Understand and create technical drawings and electrical schematics
- Making presentations and presenting to coworkers
- Testing electronics for problems and proposing solutions
Skills and background required:
At Danfoss, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace fosters creativity, innovation, and a broader perspective in decision-making. When you consider this job posting, do you feel like your profile is not a perfect match? Numerous studies have found that women and people of color are more likely to apply only when they meet all requirements listed in the job posting. Even if you do not check all the boxes, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are curious to find out how you can bring new insights to the role or to Danfoss as an organization.
- Currently seeking a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Software or Agricultural Engineering
- Interested in electrical systems, computer programming and autonomous machines
- Ability to document changes in a clear and detailed manner, must be well organized and self-motivated.
Job/Req. ID: 28791
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Job Type: International Jobs
Join International Jobs WhatsApp Group