GE Aviation is conducting an interview for the post of Combustion Aero Design Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting CFD based analysis and design, development of gas turbine combustion systems, supporting development rig and engine test campaigns, planning, monitoring, data reduction and verification, validation.
- Learn and Execute combustion aero design CFD– 2D/3D analysis, 1D flow, evaluating and propose new solutions to meet design CTQ’s.
- In this role you will utilize your technical expertise and experience to solve challenging combustion aerodynamic problems, and help develop and execute designs, products, and test improvements
- Conceptual or theoretical activities aimed at optimizing the combustion and emissions performances
- Uses experience and technical knowledge to execute project assigned. Learn and apply fundamentals of gas turbine combustors, fuel injectors and spray design and analysis
- 2D/3D CFD modelling in real combusting environment to evaluate/propose new designs and understand impact on other CTQs like fuel air mixing, emissions, and combustion dynamics
- Learn & executes designs in collaboration with cross- functional team for rig and engine testing, impact technologies readiness
Qualifications and experience required:
- Master’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university with a focus on aerodynamics, combustion, or heat transfer.
- CFD analysis of Gas Turbine or Combustion design engineer with minimum of 1 Year of experience in an engineering function in execution of combustion aerodynamics or aero thermal design/analysis/testing/modelling.
- Basic understanding of fluid mechanics, aero, combustion & heat transfer
- Possesses passion towards design & technologies, awareness of aero-thermal or combustion & mechanical design
- Communicate results, findings, and observations in clear and concise documents (presentations, reports, memos, technical articles)
- Eagerness to learn, continuous improvements and gain new skills
- Awareness or Proficiency in aero-thermal fundamentals, combustion
- Inventing Future of Combustion & Advanced Methods – Innovation quotient, passion for combustion/fluid mechanics/thermal sciences
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and collaboration skills
Job/Req. ID: R3676725
Location: Bangalore, KA
Job Category: Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Mechanical Jobs or Aerospace Jobs WhatsApp Group
Sorry, the job you’re looking for is not available. There are other latest opportunities you might be interested in. Check them out on the homepage.