Bechtel is conducting an interview for the post of Control Systems Engineer.
Performs assignments that will develop professional work knowledge and abilities through the application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Exercises limited but increasing judgment in performing assigned tasks. Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
A. Supervision Received
Receives technical and administrative supervision from Senior Engineer or Engineering Group Supervisor.
B. Supervision Exercised
Provide technical direction as appropriate to drafters, technicians and GETs who perform specific design support assignments.
Maintains contact with the immediate work group or discipline and interfaces with other disciplines as specifically directed.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Preparation of Design Criteria for Controls and Instrumentation.
- Preparation of Field Instrumentation, Control Valves & Pressure Safety Valves Data Sheet in Smart Plant Instrumentation.
- Perform Control Valve, Flow Element and Thermowell sizing calculations and preliminary analyses.
- Development of Spec, MR, Technical Bid Evaluation and Vendor Print Review of Field Instrument Packages, Control Valves, On Off Valves, Instrument Bulks.
- Assists in developing or reviews discipline material quantity estimates.
- Preparation of Complex Loop Control Narratives, Cause and Effect Matrix for Process and F&G System, logic narratives.
- Development of I/O data base for DCS, SIS, F&G and Mechanical Vendor Packages.
- Preparation of Instrument Index, Data Sheet, Wiring and Loop Diagrams, Loop Folders, Calculation in Smart Plant Instrumentation.
- Preparation of Level Sketches and Cable Block Diagrams
- Preparation of Instrument Installation Details Bulk Material Take off and assist designers in
- Modelling of instruments and junction boxes.
- Participation in 3D Model Review Sessions.
- Basic technical knowledge of Control System engineering in Oil and Gas.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Understanding of industry regulatory codes and standards.
- Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Job knowledge of various types of field Instrumentation, DCS, PLC, Hazardous areas is essential.
- Design experience or Basic knowledge of DCS / PLC and SCADA Networks, Fiber optic and CAT 6 is essential.
- Basic awareness industry standards Application Programs such as SPI, SPR, Flowel.
- Basic skills in oral and written communication.
Qualifications and experience required:
- B Tech in Instrumentation & Control (4 Years Course) from a recognized university.
- For Grade 22 position, 0-3 years of industry experience.
Engineering and Design experience in Oil & Gas Feed & EPC Projects
Job/Req. ID: 264884
Job Category: Instrumentation & Control Engineering
Join all India Instrumentation Jobs Telegram Group