Dow is conducting a Campus Internship for Electronics and Instrumentation Engineers.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Provides specialized technical support and solutions for project teams, operations and maintenance.
- Understands and implements Most Effective Technology (MET), work process, tools and industry best practices within their discipline.
- The Hardware Disciplines within Engineering and Maintenance are comprised of the following disciplines: Buildings, Civil, Electrical, Instrument, Materials, Mechanical, Process Containment Equipment and Piping.
- Hardware Disciplines support both projects and technical support teams as an inspector, engineer on large projects or lead for their discipline on small/intermediate projects.
- Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, techniques and methodology within the analytical technology discipline.
The projects that the Chennai instrument team executes for our plant at Terneuzen, Netherlands range from small to intermediate scope for instrumentation. It could be a retrofit to an existing process on production improvement, Government compliance, more reliable operation to capacity expansion.
A typical day for the team includes interacting with the other hard core engineering groups working on the project. The job offers intense interactions with other core disciplines of Process/mechanical and electrical engineering to size/select the instrument, procuring it, documenting the installation, and wiring instructions for the construction contractor to Install and wire it to commission a plant. The interaction does not stop with the Chennai group but also with the Netherlands counterparts from both design and maintenance. It will be both challenging and fun filled to find optimum/ workable solutions to problems within each other’s technology and operational constraints.
- You are currently studying for engineering degree or equivalent in [Bachelors in Electronics & Instrumentation].
- You have a good working knowledge of English.
- You should be an energy bundle moving around, seeking information and knowledge from various sources and make your presence felt in contributing to the success of the project.
- You can start between Late June and August 2023 for a period of 2 months (exact timing to be discussed).
Dow’s internships offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience in Instrument technology, project planning, coordination and people and expectation management.
- Part of organization’s ERG groups that contribute to the enrichment of the Individual/ society surrounding us.
- Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen, you will receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network – meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
Job/Req. ID: R2042404
Location: Chennai, TN
Job Category: Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering
Join all India Electronics Jobs or Instrumentation Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Electronics Jobs WhatsApp Group