GE Renewable Energy is conducting an interview for the post of Advanced Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Within the Product Engineering department, the Product Definition team is looking for a new Technical Designer.
As a Technical Designer you will be responsible for the state-of-the-art production documentation and bills of materials of new LM Wind Power blades and work in a global project team with highly skilled engineers of different cultures and nationalities. You will be involved in the entire blade development process from the very first sketch up to supporting manufacturing start-up in some of our 17 factories across the world. You will also be responsible for assessing and implementing engineering change requests for newly developed as well as mass-produced blades.
Essential roles and responsibilities:
- Actively drive the wind turbine blade documentation process from the start of the design phase to the implementation and evaluation phase.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of blade documentation package, bills of materials and light design work or improvements in AutoCAD or 3D software.
- Optimize the use of materials in our documentation to reduce waste and costs.
- Support LM factories during test table, prototype and 0-serial production and participate in product audits.
- Assess requests for improvements on all blades and implement solutions covering such engineering change requests.
- Technical support to other teams on the development of new technologies.
- Bachelor of Engineering in mechanical engineering
- Strong skills in technical writing/sketching as well as bills of materials and ERP systems.
- Experience with 2D and/or 3D CAD tools (AutoCAD, NX or Catia).
- Experience in handling engineering changes and familiar with product development projects.
- Experience in working within cross-functional and international project teams.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to travel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Plan own work within the given timeframe.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Work in a structured way.
- Perseverance in completing tasks and projects.
- Able to work independently and under time pressure.
Job/Req. ID: R3647911
Company: GE Renewable Energy
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Mechanical Jobs WhatsApp Group