Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) – Aerospace FMC Hydraulics Business has an ‘Associate Engineer’ open position.
Job duties and responsibilities:
In this position, the incumbent is responsible for the successful execution of Aerospace Hydraulics products design & development projects while supporting sustaining engineer portfolio to fulfill project KPIs and ensure Internal Customer satisfaction.
He/She should have some experience in New Product Development (NPD) programs preferably in the Aerospace industry.
The working know-how of overall design engineering processes & product lifecycle of ‘Aerospace and/or Industrial Hydraulics Products’ broadly classified under Mechanical, Hydro-Mechanical & Electro-Mechanical products viz. Actuators, Geartrain systems/products, Valves, and Pumps are a requisite.
He/She should have an acquaintance in managing internal customer requirements, concept design/selection, risk management, detail design, and analysis & design validation – product testing and qualification to enable decision making while executing the engineering work. He/she should have proficiency in mechanical design & drafting (CAD tools), GD&T & statistical tolerancing. He/She should have an acquaintance in preparing and managing schedule, NRE (Non recurring engineering estimates); good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with an ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and global stakeholders. Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) GB certification is preferable for internal candidates. DFSS methodology experience is preferred for external candidates.
The candidate in this position is responsible to:
- Execute and support New Product Design and Development through Eaton PROLaunch / PreLaunch/ ACES Engineering processes
- Support the creation of Product Concepts & Architecture ideas
- Good at STEM – Science Technology Engineering Mathematics basics for demonstrating the feasibility of designs through relevant Engineering calculations/predictions
- Has proficiency with CAD software (CATIA, CREO, AutoCAD)
- Has proficiency with Limits, Fits & Tolerancing, GD&T
- Handle Analytical Tools (MathCAD, Matlab/Simulink, CfX, ADL, etc.)
- Know how of Digital tools
- Know how of DFM and DFA methodologies for design creation
- Know how of Robust design methodologies for decision making – DFSS, LEAN, DMAIC
- Support RFI/RFP/RFQ process by creating drawings and artifacts as required
- Know how of Product Testing and Qualification
- Communicate effectively globally and at all organizational levels.
- Communication & manage internal customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Hydro-Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical or Mechatronics Domain)
- Years And Area Of Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree: 0 to 2 years experience,
- Overall 0-2 years of experience, with Design & development for Hydraulics, Hydro-Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical design, development, and validation
Project Engineering, processes and tools, DFSS, Analytical Thinking, Aerospace Products (Electro-Hydro-Mechanical)
Drive for Results, Analysis-First and Digital Mindset, Organizational Savvy, Strong Communications and Influencing skills
Job/Req. ID: 125281
Location: Pune, MH
Job Category: Mechanical or Hydro-Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical or Mechatronics
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Mechanical Jobs WhatsApp Group