The Summer at Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience. Interns enjoy opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees throughout our organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization.
By leveraging the education you have already received, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve
people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalized healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
At Roche, we believe the best solutions come by gaining different perspectives, asking and answering hard questions and challenging the status quo to develop small ideas and achieve big wins in innovation. Our success in creating a truly diverse and inclusive workplace will directly impact our ability to deliver on our purpose of “Doing Now What Patients Need Next.”
Facts & Figures:
- Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with 100,000 employees worldwide.
- 10 Diagnostics locations throughout the US.
- #1 market leader for in-vitro diagnostics.
- In 2021, launched 22 tests and solutions for COVID-19.
This internship position is located in Tucson remotely. Below is a description of some of the projects an intern may expect during the course of their internship.
Your Department Projects (What you will learn):
- Work with Software DevOps and Test teams in creating software build pipeline standards, automated testing, and improvements to the CI (Continuous Integration) process. Assist in DevOps toolchain solution evaluation to enable build efficiencies for the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Observe and participate in ongoing software development project work as it applies to large scale software development lifecycle management
- Collaborate with and shadow Senior Software Development Project Leaders.
Engineers at Roche Diagnostics Solutions (RDS) participate in the design and implementation of diagnostics systems comprised of integrated software and medical instrument solutions that perform automated tissue staining as part of clinical pathology diagnostics workflows. They collaborate closely with other development functions (software, systems, electrical, and mechanical engineering) and business product managers. Our organization is in active development cycles for several product lines, each operating under structure Agile processes. Monitoring and reporting on the current state, projected outcomes, and historical velocities of the work and process are integral to the success of the organization’s ability to predictably deliver on high-quality systems and products.
Who you are:
- Targeting Undergraduates in the final year, current graduate students (MS or PhD) majoring in Management Information Systems, Computer Science.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during the program calendar year 2023.
- Experience with software development processes and development life cycles.
- Knowledge of software programming languages and code compilation.
- Desire GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Previous work experience preferred.
- Student organization and/or study abroad experiences are a plus.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.
- Intensive full-time (40 hours per week), 12-week paid internship.
- Program start dates are in May and June 2023.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects.
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry.
- Final presentations of project work to senior leaders.
- Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives.
- Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Participate in volunteer projects, social events, and team-building activities.
- Paired with a 1:1 mentor through the Roche Young Professionals Business Resource Group.
- Access to on-site fitness and wellness center (subject to change).
Job/Req. ID: 28430
Location: Tucson, Arizona / Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America (2 Positions)
Job Type: International Jobs
Job category: Management Information Systems, Computer Science
Join International Jobs WhatsApp Group