Google is conducting an interview for the post of Silicon Validation Engineer, Security.
About the job:
Our computational challenges are so big and unique we can’t just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we’ve got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google’s services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world’s computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As a Silicon Validation Engineer, you’ll be a part of Google’s Silicon team, working to enable innovations. You’ll lead system validation, debug efforts, and work with a team responsible for bare-metal and OS-based validation, including pre-silicon verification, post-silicon bring-up, and validation.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people’s lives better through technology.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and execute tests to validate hardware IP blocks and integration at the system level.
- Validate design on pre-silicon and post-silicon platform.
- Interface with Software, Architecture, Design, and Design Verification teams to create test plans.
- Support silicon debug and field failures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in Silicon Validation, and developing stress tests, silicon validation frameworks, or related infrastructure.
- Experience with programming in C, C++, Python, or Perl.
- Experience in verifying software on a chip blocks (e.g., CPU subsystem, memory subsystem, debug and trace, security).
- Experience with system debug, embedded operating systems, or bare metal programming.
- Experience with JTAG debuggers (e.g., Lauterbach).
- Experience in verifying security features like secure boot, crypto engine, access firewall, or secure debug.
- Experience executing tests on emulation platforms or FPGA.
- Knowledge of ARM and OS fundamentals.
- Proficiency in CPU architectures, hardware or Software interface, and debugging.
Job/Req. ID: N/A
Location: Bangalore, KA
Job category: VLSI Engineering
Join all India VLSI Jobs Telegram Group