Seagate is conducting an interview for the post of Engineer II.
About the group:
This position is part of Seagate Research Group(SRG). Seagate delivers advanced digital storage solutions to meet the needs of today’s consumers and tomorrow’s applications. Through technology, leadership and innovation, Seagate continues to help individuals and businesses maximize the potential of their digital content in an ever-evolving, on-demand world.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Work full time on projects at Pune in assisting Seagate Research Architect/leads in the area of most cutting-edge research in storage technologies.
- Be responsible for investigating emerging technologies in storing data efficiently, which create data in new frontiers from AI/ML/mobility/automotive.
- Potentially explore new mechanisms in electronic hardware modeling and prototyping in processing the data using upcoming technologies such as computational storage securely.
- Your work includes but would not be limited to, survey and process public and enterprise forums to help build models around these technologies, generate new ideas and conceptualize them and with the help of senior engineers in the team, contribute in the development of architecture towards building proofs of concepts.
- Research/investigate emerging technologies in storage components and system, Data creation models and storage security
- Document current and future storage architectures for different applications
- Be responsible for the development of RTL primarily targeted at FPGA platforms for electronics subsystems developed at SRG
- Support development of new feature /functionality/customer issues
- Contribute in RTL development, bug fixing and improvement of Storage based products
- Perform operational test and fault isolation on electronic sub-systems and equipment.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assist in the design, construction, test and check-out of test suites uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Provide research intelligence for future Seagate products or create reference architectures
- Work with subject matter experts at all Seagate (worldwide) sites
- Create internal and external research papers and work with your affiliated school to bring academic research in these areas for applications in storage industry.
Qualifications and experience required:
- You should have completed all the course work requirements for master’s/PG degree prior to joining.
- Ability to be creative, independent and a self-starter individual with excellent written and interpersonal communication who would be looking forward to working with and in a corporate set up.
- Must be authorized to work in India while pursing education.
- Hands on Approach to problem solving
- Teamwork is a core competency at Seagate, individual must be able to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of engineers.
- Must have demonstrated ability to study a functional area in depth.
- Ability to present to colleagues and partners.
Your experience includes:
- Good in RTL, debugging and working knowledge of Unix-based Operating Systems
- It would be nice to have exposure to C and C++ programming as well as scripting language such as shell script and/or perl.
- Experience in System design. Strong exposure to FPGAs and the relevant RTL to FPGA netlist flow is needed.
- Knowledge of processor architecture (ARM, RISC-V) is added plus
Job/Req. ID: 8154
Location: Pune, MH
Job Category: VLSI Engineering
Join all India VLSI Jobs Telegram Group