To support PaceRobotcs next stage of growth as we take the product from prototype to manufacturing ready design, they are looking for a Mechanical R&D Engineer who will assist in conceptual and structural design, analysis and development of all mechanical components of our robots. The role involves working closely with Sr. Mech Designer, Product Designer, and the Engineering team in delivering a manufacturing ready product.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, design and analyze all mechanical components for the robot such as– base platform, linkages, mounting components, actuators, hydraulic components etc.
- Work on kinematic, dynamic and material analysis of all above components to optimize weight and improve robustness.
- Work on optimizing all moving components, with an emphasis on improving accuracy, reducing failure and vibrations.
- Work closely with the Product Design, Product Management and Engineering teams and lead the conversion of design inputs into highly engineered parts and development of manufacturing ready design.
- Identify, on board and coordinate with external vendors, design consultants, fabricators etc as required to support the design and development efforts.
- M.Sc/M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 1-2 years of work experience in CAE, FE and mechanical design including academic projects, industrial R&D projects
- Deep understanding of Kinematics, Dynamics, Mechanics of Materials and Design of Structures including Vibrations.
- Very strong base in mathematical topics – Integral + Differential Calculus, ODE + PDE, Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra and Laplace Transform
- Sound knowledge of design and engineering principles and best practices.
- Experience/knowledge of manufacturing methods and DFM
- Experience/knowledge with scientific programming on python/Matlab.(Good to have)
- Experience/knowledge with CAD tools such as AutoCAD/Solidworks/NX etc.
- Strong quantitative and data interpretation skills
- Highly organized and methodical in everything you do
- You love solving problems and looks at them as an opportunity to grow.
Job/Req. ID: N/A
Location: Bangalore, KA
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
Do you want Job alerts on your Phone? Join our WhatsApp/Telegram Group