Signify is looking for a Assistant Mechanical engineer-VAVE to join our Engineering team in Pune
Job duties and responsibilities:
- As a Assistant Mechanical engineer-VAVE you’ll be responsible for responsible for VAVE/ Product Cost-out program executions for the lighting products
- Based on the Road map for Cost Down Projects, generate Product Optimization Ideas & Creating preliminary Business Case Proposal.
- Responsible for the overall mechanical design of the product with specific focus on product design maintenance in SAP on Bills of Material and reducing overall product cost. This will include design of the necessary components.
- Coordinates with Project Coordinator/Engineering leaders, Marketing Manager, Optical Design Group, Electrical Engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing personnel to develop the products in an organized and expedient fashion
- Work with global teams to ensure design progression via CAD modeling/reviews, various design analysis such as thermal, stack-up, manufacturing etc., drawing/drafting and model creation.
- Responsible for meeting the overall project schedule and budget
- Own and coordinate design test plan creation, conducting tests, test plant/results reviews and coordination for execution of tests from other locations.
- Work with local engineering to coordinate and facilitate Critical design reviews & Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA) sessions to identifying project risks and develop response plan. Consensus and implementation of necessary design recommendations/changes.
- Responsible for analysis/reviews for compliance, DFM, DFA with plants/third party vendors.
- Independently manage and execute multiple VAVE programs via Idea to Market (I2M) and New Product Development and Launch (NPDL) process in a timely manner.
- Conduct the VAVE workshop for generate ideas and continuously look for VAVE cost out ideas to build the VAVE project deck continuously
- Actively participate in VAVE workshops, design reviews, design proposals and documentation required to define & control products.
- Coordinates with conjunction with Engineering Manager/Project Leader to create the overall project timeline from input of each functional team member as well as define deliverables and drive team to completion
- Responsible for the project tooling budget and product cost requirements are being met.
- Coordinates with Sourcing personnel to ensure vendors are identified, quotations are being obtained and quality documents are being supplied.
- Coordinates with manufacturing personnel/plant to ensure production site is ready with production equipment – as required and other requirements are being put in place and production readiness is achieved.
- Responsible for driving a culture of innovation, learning & continuous improvement while executing the projects which not limited to VAVE include NPI engineering projects
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical) with 0-3 years of relevant experience in mechanical engineering.
- Experience in VAVE cost-out project, design & development of mechanical products (Lighting preferred) with strong technical experience in – VAVE, Sheet metal, Casting & Plastic design, 2D / 3D CAD package (Solid Works, Creo, AutoCAD), SAP PLM and manufacturing is added advantage
- Good hands on experience on product design tools SOLIDWORKS (or similar) for product design and development.
- Knowledge of injection molded plastic, die cast, sheet metal design, manufacturing methods & processes.
- Should have strong basic knowledge about drawings, dimensioning standards, tolerance standards & stack-up, engineering calculations, complete system / component sizing, modeling and simulation, strong analytical skills – understanding mechanical stresses, fatigue life, part fits.
- Hands on experience with design of products from concept to commercialization including and not limited to part detailing and designing, component and material selection, drawing creation, 3D modeling of parts/assemblies and 2D dimensioning and tolerance of parts.
- Basic understanding of electrical engineering principles & knowledge of third-party certification standard
- Well-developed written and oral communication & interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
- Challenging environment aspiring careers
Job/Req. ID: N/A
Location: Pune, MH
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Mechanical Jobs WhatsApp Group
Sorry, the job you’re looking for is not available. There are other latest opportunities you might be interested in. Check them out on the homepage.