Bechtel is hiring Mechanical Engineers.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Assists in Mechanical Engineering activities which include design calculations (done manually and using software), System descriptions, Mechanical Data Sheets, providing Material Take Offs (MTOs), Material Requisitions, Technical Bid Analysis, Interaction with the Bidders, Purchase Requisitions, Vendor Prints Review, resolving Vendor queries, interaction with Site for resolution of site queries, ensuring Constructability, Design for Safe Installation, interface at all stages of Engineering, Interaction with Site for Installation/Construction/Start Up/Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning, getting familiar with Bechtel Processes and Procedures etc. as per the direction of assigned Mechanical Lead/Responsible Engineer.
Duties consist of various task to be completed within the stipulated time as assigned by the Supervisor.
A. Supervision Received
Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Job Duties
General Category of items dealt in Mechanical Engineering : Static Equipment, Rotating Equipment and Packages.
- Getting familiar with deliverables (referred above) produced by Mechanical discipline
- Assist in production of these documents
- Getting familiar with inputs required for these deliverables, stages of Engineering when these inputs are received
- Assumptions made and validation of these during Engineering cycle
- Getting familiar with Codes and Standards
- Design and specifying requirements on deliverables, inputs to other disciplines using Codal provisions
- Interfacing required with different Engineering disciplines
- Inter-discipline Coordination of Documents
- Information flow, Coordination with other disciplines like Procurement, Inspection, Expediting, Project Control, Construction, Start Up
- Getting familiar with Bechtel softwares dealing with information and data flow from Engineering to Site and Start-Up
- Bechtel execution methodology for projects in different GBUs (Global Business Units)
- Travel to support activities at Client / PMC offices, construction sites, supplier’s works or in other engineering offices
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Education required (minimum):
- Pursuing Mechanical Engineering degree from a reputed Institute. Currently to be in 4th year of Engineering degree course.
- M Tech in Mechanical Engineering (in core Mechanical subjects)
- Have interest in core Mechanical Engineering subjects like Materials, Strength of Materials, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Production Technology, Welding/Fabrication Techniques, Machinery (Rotating Equipment-Pumps, Compressors, Turbines) etc.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Have general awareness of Oil & Gas, Refinery and Petrochemical industries, Power Plants, Metal & Mines. Have an inclination of pursuing a career in core Mechanical Engineering application.
- Ability to work in a team and possess good communication skill.
- Candidate will be required to:
- Work as part of Global Bechtel team and should have basic flair for working with personnel of different nationalities. Should have a good proficiency for spoken and written English language. Willing to travel to International offices and sites on business trips/assignments for short/long terms.
Job/Req. ID: 255724
Company: Bechtel Corporation
Location: Mechanical Engineering
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Mechanical Jobs WhatsApp Group
Sorry, the job you’re looking for is not available. There are other latest opportunities you might be interested in. Check them out on the homepage.