Oceaneering is conducting an interview for the post of Design Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Design and develop product in form of device, assembly or a system and validate it to formulate all required technical specifications. Works under general supervision.
- STUDY INPUTS AVAILABLE (DRAWINGS, CAD MODELS, TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS) FOR A PRODUCT / DESIGN
- EVALUATE CUSTOMER INQUIRIES & SPECIFICATIONS AND STUDY ALL INPUTS AVAILABLE FOR A PRODUCT OR ENGINEERING SCOPE
- DESIGN EQUIPMENT TO MATCH SPECIFICATIONS; INCLUDES CONCEPT CREATION, DETAILED DESIGN, DESIGN CALCULATIONS, MANUFACTURING DRAWINGS, BILL OF MATERIALS AND PRODUCT RELATED TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS
- REFINE AND IMPROVE PRODUCT DESIGNS BY EVALUATING CURRENT DESIGNS AND DEVELOPING NEW SOLUTIONS
- INTERPRET & USE INDUSTRY CODES & STANDARDS RELEVANT TO PRODUCT BEING DESIGNED
- PERFORM TOLERANCE STACK-UP ANALYSIS OF SIMPLE PROBLEMS
- HANDLE THE TECHNICAL CHANGES AND UPDATES IN PLM/PDM SYSTEMS
- UNDERSTAND AND COMPLY TO ESTABLISHED ENGINEERING PROCESSES
- COMMUNICATE REGULAR PROGRESS UPDATES TO CUSTOMER
- ASCERTAIN ENGINEERING DELIVERIES WITH REQUIRED QUALITY, WITHIN SCHEDULE
CONTRIBUTE TO IMPROVING EXISTING ENGINEERING PROCESSES
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
Reporting to Manager Design Engineering
- Graduation (Bachelor’s Degree) in Mechanical Engineering.
- Intermediate to Expert level user of Solid works and PLM/PDM software
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD & any calculations software
- Familiarity with Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, And Other Characteristics
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision-making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Job/Req. ID: OCINGLOBAL4355
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Mechanical Jobs WhatsApp Group