BuroHappold is conducting an interview for the post of Graduate Electrical Engineer.
Responsibilities and accountability:
- Undertake detailed engineering design.
- Plan and help manage CAD documentation of design work.
- Work closely with and monitor performance of Technician (as appropriate).
- Under guidance of senior staff, represent Buro Happold at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Ensure that appropriate service/design decisions are met.
- Ensure senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
- Coordinating his/her work with other members of the project team.
- Ensuring all relevant Buro Happold staff are informed of client matters.
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s and Buro Happold’s best interests and that Buro Happold policy is in keeping with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice etc.
Maintaining awareness of project budgets and raising any concerns regarding budgetary or financial issues.
- Ensure senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions.
- Ensuring all necessary Buro Happold staff are informed of relevant client matters.
Planning and Operations:
- Responsible for planning, organising and managing personal workload in order to meet deadlines in line with managers requirements.
- Proactively raising concerns regarding workload and ability to meet deadlines.
- Typically 0- 1 years’ experience of Electrical design engineering.
- Graduate member of professional institution.
- Ability to accept a degree of responsibility in a team-based organisation, combined with ability to work independently.
- Microsoft Office, specifically Excel (a detailed understanding including the use of macros).
- Experience using common analysis software (including or similar to CSC Fastrak, TEDDS, ROBOT, ETABS and SAFE) and willingness to quickly learn to use these analysis packages if required.
- The applicant will need to have strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to propose multiple solutions to Clients and objectively summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Ideally, the candidate will also have some experience of working on a variety of challenging domestic and overseas projects.
- Experience of AutoCAD, Revit, CSC Fastrak, TEDDS, ROBOT, ETABS and SAFE preferred although not essential.
- Accreditation from a chartered institute desirable.
Qualification & requirement:
Master’s degree (MEng or MTech) / MSc from premier institutes in India.
- The post holder must at all times carry out his/ her duties with due regard to the BuroHappold Equality & Diversity Policy.
- You are required to set a personal example in all aspects of Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S).
- You are responsible for encouraging and maintaining high standards of OH&S in all areas under your control; meeting or exceeding targets and reporting on OH&S Key Performance Indicators. You will ensure compliance with the Company’s health and safety policy, relevant legislation and guidance in these areas.
- You are required to fulfil the duties appropriate to your grade as detailed in the Roles & Responsibilities section of the Company’s Health & Safety Management System
Job/Req. ID: 6230
Job Category: Electrical Engineering
Join all India Electrical Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Electrical Jobs WhatsApp Group
Last date to apply: