ICF is seeking an entry-level Energy markets analyst to work in the Wholesale Power line of business.
He/she will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. Energy markets analyst at ICF have an opportunity to apply their experience and academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills. He/she advances in consulting practice and develops an area of special competence, with increasing responsibility for project management and client contact.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Perform advanced quantitative and economic analysis of energy markets globally, but with a focus on North America, to assess and forecast the future of electric power and fuels markets, prices, power plant operation and valuation, fuel consumption, environmental emissions and compliance, transmission, regulatory effects, among other parameters
- Extensive data research. Responsible for maintaining a large database of energy related data that must be updated regularly. Data sources include data-providers, industry publications, regulatory agencies and web research.
- Tracking of up-to-date information on energy sector (particularly generation, transmission, and distribution) and incorporating in existing industry databases
- Creation of new industry databases that may be required
- Exhaustive analysis of forecast and changes resulting from updated inputs
- Interface with clients on key deliverables
- Prepares documents and summaries for submission to clients
- Prepares papers and presentations for external publications
- Master’s Degree in engineering, preferably electrical & mechanical/ operational research/ economics, or bachelor’s (Engineering/ Operational research/ economics) with at least 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to demonstrate quantitative skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access
Power market experience:
- Knowledge of linear optimization / production cost models / applied microeconomics is an advantage
- Previous consulting experience
- Strong modeling skills specifically advanced Microsoft excel skill
Owns the business:
- Builds knowledge of the business and applies understanding of ICF markets and capabilities to day-to-day responsibilities. Aligns with and supports decisions.
- Sets challenging and measurable and sustainable goals in collaboration with manager(s).
- Making understanding and meeting clients’ needs a driving force behind daily work.
- Builds Organizational Capability:
- Builds one’s own skills and abilities for the future.
- Recognizes and supports the need for change. Adopts new system and processes to support evolving business needs.
- Recognizes own strengths, limitations and personal motivations.
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards.
- Cooperates with others and values diversity.
- Ensures that information flows effectively to others.
- Identifies and collects the information needed to solve a problem effectively.
- Acknowledges when one doesn’t know something and takes steps to find out
- Written Communication & Presentation Skills:
- Clearly expresses ideas, thoughts, and concepts in writing.
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
- Effectively communicates information and ideas using speech and visual aids.
- Effectively organizes ideas for logical presentation and maximum impact.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Job/Req. ID: R2204723
Location: New Delhi, India
Job Category: Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or operational Research or Economics
Join all India Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Jobs WhatsApp Group
Sorry, the job you’re looking for is not available. There are other latest opportunities you might be interested in. Check them out on the homepage.