Volvo is looking for talent with passion, commitment and big ideas who want to make a difference.
The Purchasing Strategy & Digitalizatiaon (PS&D) function within Volvo Group Purchasing (GTP) is a Centre of Excellence. We are responsible for driving and facilitating the strategic direction of purchasing on behalf of Executive Management Team.
PS&D are, together with relevant line functions, driving efficiency within digitalization, governance, harmonization, group synergies, continuous improvements, and digital & IT projects to enable business value. We work proactively with change management and transformation in collaboration with GTP line functions.
Head of Purchasing Strategy & Digitalization is also hosting Volvo Group Purchasing India organization on behalf of CPO of Volvo Group & Head of GTP.
Who you are?
If you have a burning desire to be a part of developing and setting the course for our society’s future efficient and sustainable transport solutions together with us.… this is the right place to be!
You are passionate, value-driven, and have a keen eye for details to work on transformation in the purchasing area.
Volvo Group Purchasing Support Center is a young, energetic team of talented and skilled professionals delivering the purchasing-related tactical scope of activities to global purchasing communities. Here we work with global stakeholders and suppliers cross functionally performing various purchasing tasks and being a problem solver.
As a Purchasing Associate, you will get to learn and perform at the same time with highly experienced global end users and supply chain experts which will pave your path to becoming a successful purchasing and Supply Chain Management professional.
The Purchasing Associate within the Purchasing Support Centre will be responsible for handling standard scope activities delegated by buyers from all Group trucks, buses, and Penta sites globally.
For you who want to leave the society in a good shape for the next generation. You see this opportunity to bring in the change you want for the society we want to live in.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Autonomous maintenance of Handler Logs and other Portfolio Activities/Order
- Management/Priority Aftermarket Requisitions handling
- RFQ Management including Launching, follow-ups for quotes, and answering supplier queries in collaboration with buyers and PD and XF teams
- Compiling & analyzing quotes from suppliers, preparing preliminary quotes summary/analysis as well as a cost breakdown for various suppliers and parts
- Solving portfolio-related issues with suppliers/cross-functional teams and Supplier Price Discrepancy Management/Issues Handling
- Performing various analysis for buyers and managers like Price Inconsistency Analysis, 80/20 Analysis, ABC Analysis, Volume trend Analysis, Supplier Dashboard Creation,
- Material Cost Levels Report, Supplier Spend Analysis, Part Price Evolution, Cost Per KG Analysis, Supplier Deep Dive Analysis
- Supplier Integration Support on buyer request – Support in establishing EDI Connections,
- Supplier Portal Access, Creation/Addition/Deletion of Parma Code/Supplier base administration, Supplier Base Follow-ups
- Taxonomy and Segmentation Support to buyers and management, segment owners, and maintenance of Various Department Dashboards and Reports
Qualifications and experience required:
- University degree in BE/B.Tech in Mechanical/Automobile/E&E/ Industrial
- Quick Learner who drives Competence Building
- Continuous Improvement and Excellence mindset with good communication skills
- Good understanding of different manufacturing processes and best practice costing.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills – true connector working in eco-systems
- Positive and collaborative mindset and strong energy to contribute to the success of the Volvo Group
- MS Office Skills / Advance Excel Programming Skills
- Proactiveness is an absolute must!
Job/Req. ID: 137580BR
Company: Volvo Group
Location: Bangalore, KA
Join all India Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Jobs WhatsApp Group