Valeo is conducting an internship for Engineers.
- Maintain the PLM data-base based on the Valeo E Component strategy
- Support the Design team to select the right B0/F0 to Improve the Efficiency & Cost Optimization
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Supports the project teams (Hardware engineers, Buyers …) to use the Existing B0/F0 which are already available in our PLM databse
- Based on the Valeo Rules. Provides the EC Std Status like (Recommended/Allowed/Not for new Design/Limited/Not Allowed) for the new introduces Components in PLM.
- Support EC Std Committee for Providing the Justification to change the Component EC std Status based on the current Supplier roadmap.
- Limit the New B0/F0 Creation
- Clean the PLM Database Based on the B0/F0 Rules
- Analyse the F0/B0 Request, and have a strong knowledge to Approve/Reject the request, and convince the HW engineer for the Rejection of request.
- Supports the project teams in components selection, standardization, sourcing, and risk management.
- Knows the Valeo suppliers panel, the roadmaps of our suppliers, keeps aware about new components/new technologies, exchanges with group components experts and segment leaders in Purchasing.
- Updates when necessary our component database with missing data in the B0, F0, SRC. When it is relevant
- Provides KPIs (Key Parameter Indicators) for his/her activity, and recommend corrective actions
- Escalates to the Project, Hardware and Component Engineering Managers any major issue (Quality, Cost, Timeliness)
- Applies and deploys the components related procedures.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in electronic component selection
- Good English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
Job/Req. ID: REQ2023010527
Location: Chennai, TN