Analog Devices is conducting an interview for the post of Associate Buyer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- The Buyer is mainly responsible for processing purchase requests into orders for global procurement function, where focus would be primarily on processing Purchase Requisition for FAB, Purchase Order for FAB, Corp functions & other related activities. The Buyer is required to seek and obtain cost reductions via vendor negotiations, alternate or low-cost vendor identification etc. SAP and ADI-Maxim internal procurement systems are the primary tools used to perform the job. Good excel, word, power point, contract and project management skills are necessary to be successful in the job
- This position requires flexibility in working hours to allow for communication and team participation with Global ADI Procurement Team. Buyer acts as point of contact for Procurement related assistance for our offices across ADI-Maxim. Buyer is also expected to work with ADI-Maxim FAB & Corp functions to assist them in various projects & cost reduction activities.
We are looking for self-motivated candidate with good communication & analytical skills. Job responsibilities for this position:
- Maintaining optimum inventory levels for different workgroups i.e. consumables, critical spares, office supplies etc., used in our manufacturing facility at MFN, Beaverton Procurement of different category materials i.e. consumables, critical spares, office supplies etc. using different IT systems including SAP to accomplish the related tasks
- Creating purchase requisitions (PR) by Sending RFQ’s, analyzing vendor quotes, techno-commercial discussion with vendors, technical confirmation from stakeholder, forming sourcing & negotiation strategy in coordination with stakeholders
- Processing Purchase requisitions into purchase orders (POs), Vendor follow-up for timely delivery of material, vendor development & management, Post PO support, Resolving vendor payment issues etc
- Working on various inventory management, procurement & other projects
- Contract creation, NDAs, Vendor setup, OTD/VDO/MDO tracking, reports etc.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Graduate & Post Graduates (B.Sc./B.Com/ BBA/Diploma/MBA etc.) with minimum 60% marks
- Entry level / Fresher (0-2 Year)
Skill Set required:
- Good English verbal and written communication & interpersonal skill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and familiarity with Microsoft Windows/Word/Power point/Outlook
- Strong analytical, mathematical & problem-solving skill
- Demonstrated Cost Reduction, Negotiation & Contract management skills
- Ready to work in night shifts in order to support and interact with stakeholders in other countries.
- Negotiation skills (i.e. competitive bidding, volume leverage, cost breakdown, sourcing from low cost countries/vendors etc.) with involvement in regular procurement activities
- Knowledge of Inventory management, vendor management/development etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external customers (e.g. stakeholders & vendors) for smooth operational functions
- Experience working with virtual teams across the globe
Desired skills (Not Mandatory):
- Management Degree, especially in Supply Chain or Business management
Wafer FAB experience. Strong knowledge of laws relating to procurement activities in Europe and USA
- Knowledge of SAP MM module as a user
- Finance and Accounting experience
- ISO and Quality knowledge
Job/Req. ID: R234043
Company: Analog Devices
Location: Gandhinagar, GJ
Do you want Job alerts on your Phone? Join our WhatsApp/Telegram Group