Molex is conducting an interview for the post of Graduate Engineer Trainee.
Create schematic and footprint symbols including Part Classification
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Create Medium to Complex Schematic Symbol.
- Create Medium to Complex Footprints.
- Follow QA guidelines to assure the accuracy of parts.
- Involve in all aspects of ECAD activity such as Duplicate Checks, technical analysis, Part Validation through Datasheet and Manufacturer website, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Requestors, Peers, Supervisors, and other engineering groups.
- Support Design Engineering in the identification and qualification of
- Electrical/Electromechanical/ Mechanical components and suggest suitable alternates for Obsolete, NRND, and discontinued part numbers.
- Responsible for understanding and working towards meeting VOC, by closely working with product management.
- Engineering change tools – DFR, Altium, Allegro, presentation tools – PowerPoint, analytic tools – Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Show value creation, productivity improvement, and continual improvements.
- Responsible for self-planning of work based on organizational priorities by closely working with a supervisor.
- Ensure and encourage Team participation in Knowledge sharing on Technologies and Products, Encourage the team to Innovative ideas/product suggestions.
- Support optimizing the existing product with continuous improvement.
- Support the Advanced Engineering Team on ECAD &Electronic Components requests.
- Maintain library databases.
- Support on Part Validation, Classification, and ECAD Creation for all types of requests
Qualifications and experience required:
- BE/B Tech in Electrical/Electronic & Communication Engineering
- 0 to 6 Months, knowledge of electronic component types, footprints, symbols, and related standards.
Skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of EDA CAD tools preferably Cadence or Altium.
- Knowledge of basic electronic circuits and electronic and mechanical components.
- Ability to search the Internet to locate datasheets, footprints, and 3D models.
- Knowledge of 3D mechanical software, a plus but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of IPC-7351.
- Be able to maintain Excel spreadsheets.
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Office tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and prioritize workload.
Job/Req. ID: 134311
Location: Bangalore, KA