Siemens is conducting an interview for the post of Digital Service Engineer.
Your future role:
Become part of our Digital Service Center team to transform the Service Business of Siemens Smart Infrastructure in Asia Pacific. Helping our customers to make their buildings “smarter” by connecting various systems & applications into integrated building platforms to create outstanding customer experience and optimized building operations plays a key role in our digitalization strategy. By using your strong IT integration & building automation background, you provide technical support for various smart building applications to customers & project teams along the building lifecycle. You are able to analyze raised issues, provide remote support and identify the root cause to trigger appropriate actions. Good communication skills and a structured way of working allow you to coordinate between multiple stakeholders and represent Siemens as a world-class service organization towards our customers.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical 2nd level support for smart building platforms to our customers across the region
- Work based on tickets raised through various channels (e.g. call desk, email, automated monitoring, support portals) using our internal ticket management system
- Use provided diagnostic tools, checklists, and knowledge databases to identify root causes of raised incidents
- Take appropriate actions to rectify issues via remote access or by escalating to partners and other support teams where necessary
- Coordinate with DevOps & 3rd level support on provision of bugfixes and application improvements
- Provide consistent documentation of actions, outcomes, and status to create transparency for customers and other stakeholders
- Provide recurring maintenance activities like software updates or backups for selected customers
- Change system configurations and apply changes based on customer requirements following a structured change management process
- Prepare regular service & system performance reports based on information collected during service activities
- Update FAQs, Knowledge Data Base and other information sources with new findings and helpful information
- Support internal project teams during tender & project execution phase with technical expertise
- Drive a structured communication approach to foster the exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practices
Qualifications and experience required:
- Degree in computer science, Electronics & Communication Engineering with 1-2 years Industry experience in IoT, smart building applications and digital platforms like Smart lighting management solutions, Smart office & workplace management platform, Integrated facility management application, Energy Analytics platform etc from Siemens or other market players.
- Strong IT background with expertise in system integrations, windows server administration, virtual environments, cloud & SaaS technology. Level 1/ Level 2/ Level 3 Operations support & Maintenance
- Experience with one or more Cloud software deployment, configuration management technologies such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc. Cloud support/ Cloud policies/Network security groups.
- Experience working in an IT support environment based on ITIL / ITSM frameworks
- Practical working experience in web, mobile, and API based testing or integration environments
- Possess or actively pursuing Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services certifications and other related cloud skills is a plus.
Job/Req. ID: 343155
Location: Thane, MH
Do you want Job alerts on your Phone? Join our WhatsApp/Telegram Group