Dow has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Associate Data Engineer on the Enterprise Data & Analytics – Data Analytics Platform team.
The position is open for India only. This role will align to Dow’s Design Your Day approach and allows employees to work remotely but will also require onsite work based on project work and role needs.
As an Associate Data Engineer, you will work with a cross-functional team whose objective is to deliver solutions that drive business value for Dow. The Associate Data Engineer will focus on ingestion / persistence / curation of data as defined by specific projects. They will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team to:
- Create data pipelines for projects in the Azure environment.
- Write notebooks in Databricks
- Develop Infrastructure as Code (IaC) code
- Build logic apps
- Identify opportunities for innovating with digital capabilities aiming to accelerate Dow’s digital transformation.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Own the development and deployment of solutions enabling data ingestion, storage, and consumption across Dow’s enterprise data platforms (SAP and Azure based)
- Develop and deploy data pipelines using Azure data services.
- Deployment of Azure services using Infrastructure as Code and Azure DevOps.
- This entry level position is for an Independent Contributor and is not expected to be a people leader.
- A degree discipline in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other Engineering Disciplines
- Experience with Azure data services and Python (other programming language)
- Experience developing in the Azure environment.
- Experience with structured/semi-/non-structured databases, data ingestion, and data modeling
- Multi-application and cross-platform design experience
Note: Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
- Innate and insatiable curiosity about emerging technologies, with the ability to quickly learn and exploit cutting edge offerings to achieve business objectives.
- Strong bias for action – you see yourself as an ‘initiator’ and ‘problem solver.
- Concepts of Data architecting – concepts
- General understanding of digital industry trends
- Ability to thrive in challenging situations and solve complex problems
- Ability to manage own work effort across multiple projects with little supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer centricity
- Good communication
Job/Req. ID: R2046175
Location: Mumbai, MH
Job Category: Software/IT Engineering
Do you want Job alerts on your Phone? Join our WhatsApp/Telegram Group