Siemens is conducting an interview for the post of Graduate Trainee Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
The Instrumentation & Controls Engineer provides expertise and technical support to Engineering, Manufacturing, sales, Field service, and service centers. The qualified individual will have general responsibility of evaluating Instrumentation Specifications, Control Systems Engineering & Design including relevant software development in Centrifugal Compressor/Steam Turbine/ Gas Turbine packages and participate in quality improvement and cost reduction efforts. This position is based out of Siemens Energy, Engineering Service Center, Pune.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks associated with Gas Turbine/Compressor control system, Power plant, Oil & Gas process.
- Participate in Site surveys, Design review meeting, site readiness meeting, factory acceptance testing.
- Develop IO list and IO channel allocation.
- Digital and Analog systems design knowledge.
- Knowledge of Engineering Process and power plant application.
- Conceptualize the control design and present it to customer as part of customer design review.
- Basic and Detailed Engineering of DCS system Control cabinets
- Create Loop drawings Field instrumentation.
- Convert SAMA logic diagrams, P&ID drawings, and process narratives into corresponding DCS control logic blocks and operator HMI screens.
- Interpret P&ID diagram, concept sketches and develop process graphics. Develop Human
- Machine Interface (HMI) graphics and its process connection to software logic.
- Heat load calculation for DCS/ PLC cabinets.
- Be a team player in a team environment.
Qualifications and experience required:
- 4 years Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Instrumentation/Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation & Controls Engineering or its Equivalent with first class in aggregate.
- Should have knowledge of Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation engineering fundamental like Advance Control system, Field Instrumentation, Digital and Analog Electronics, Power Electronics, Embedded Systems etc.
- Should be able to work in SCADA/HMI.
- Should have understanding of Ladder logic, Structure text etc.
- Should be able to work in any programable logic controller & Distributed control system.
- Should have knowledge of basic programming language like, VB script, SQL, Python, etc.
- Should have basic knowledge of Turbomachines (Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Compressors etc)
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Should have good Analytical skills.
- Should be an Enthusiastic team player in team.
- Should possess good communication and presentation skills.
- Willing to work in shifts, as per business needs.
Job/Req. ID: 243091
Location: Pune, MH