GE Renewable Energy is conducting an interview for the post of System Engineer.
Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Job duties and responsibilities:
The Control Systems Engineer supports the design and implementation of HVDC / FACTS Control Systems by analyzing customer requirements, assessing the necessary deviation from standard solutions, modelling the proposed HVDC control system, providing requirements for the hardware and software teams to implement and validating the resulting system through DPS and protection coordination studies. Individual contributor.
- Support the business’ Tendering, Operations, Contractual and After Sales needs regarding:
- Clause-by-clause analysis of customer technical specifications
- Gap analysis between standard and customer technical requirements
- Defining control system requirements for the software architecture, development and verification teams to work from
- Responses to technical queries from clients
- Technical leadership during FST and FAT programs to ensure proper verification and validation of control and protection system performance against requirements
PSSE/PSCAD and PSSE/RSCAD Power system network conversion, modelling and verification
- HVDC System in electromagnetic transient tools like PSCAD, EMTP-RV etc.
- Plant modelling in various simulation tools (MATLAB, RSCAD, PSCAD etc) and its verification.
- Dynamic performance studies using both offline and online simulation tools
- Control and protection parameters tuning to meet grid stability criteria specified in customer technical specifications.
- Sub-synchronous oscillation electromagnetic transient simulation studies
- Protection coordination design and validation
- Control, protection and sequencing strategy specifications
- Algorithm and state machine development in MATLB Simulink
- Conversion of MATLB Simulink algorithms to other suitable time domain library models
- Play a key role in engineering design reviews and technical leadership, identifying potential project risks and technical weaknesses and proposing safe, reliable and compliant solutions
- Understand the key milestones in a project plan, their financial impact and ensuring the technical risks are understood and mitigated in accordance with the plan
- Ensure that project plans contain the necessary activities and studies required to meet the requirements of the customer and the proposed technical solution
- Support improvements to existing algorithm/strategies for power fault recovery or instability issues during DPS studies
- Support development of new strategies for control, protection and sequencing (start-up/shut down sequence) to meet customer technical specifications if required
- Support patenting new control, sequencing and protection strategies or algorithms
- Support R&D teams to develop existing and new products and tools
- Support publication of industry journal or conference papers
- Support continual improvement, raising the effectiveness and efficiency of the team through the introduction of tools, methods and process improvements and coordinating with the Continuous Improvement leaders
- Support a standard product methodology mindset, seek opportunities to re-use solutions, improve quality and reliability whilst reducing the delivery timeline and associated costs
- Promote collaboration between all projects and ensure Return of Experience is incorporated
MATLAB control software development à Control sequencing, protection etc. & validation / Testing of software
- Perform protection coordination study and Dynamic Performance Study (DPS) in PSCAD.
Collaboration with Project team members to deliver project in time.
- Support to validation team for analysis of results during Factory performance test (FPT), factory acceptance test (FAT) on Real Time Digital Simulators ( RTDS )
- Trouble shooting of site issue related to control software in coordination with commissioning team.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Very good command in written and communication in English
- Knowledge of control and protection strategies.
- Engineering degree or equivalent including power systems and power electronics subjects or proven equivalent knowledge and experience in HVDC business
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to identify and manage technical risks
- Ability to understand and communicate customer requirements, lead technical discussions with customers and develop client relationships
- Understanding of Systems Engineering principles and requirements management
- Understanding of functional characteristics of power systems and interactions between AC and HVDC systems
- Able to work to deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining the safety, quality and engineering integrity of the solution
- Must be flexible with working hours and willing to travel in order to support projects globally
- Knowledge of Switchyard interlocking.
- Knowledge of PSCAD software.
- Knowledge of software like MATLAB / Simulink, PSCAD, PSSE, RSCAD etc.
- Master in Power system from reputed university.
- Prepare RSCAD model and perform study on Real Time Digital Simulator (RTDS) model for HVDC/FACTS project.
- Knowledge of HVDC/FACTS / High Voltage substations will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of RTDS/RSCAD will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical standards such as IEC 61850, IEC 62351, IEC 12207, IEEE 15288, IEC 25010, IEC 27032, NERC/CIP
- Ability to define requirements and ensure they adhere to best practice
Technical skills & competencies:
- Knowledge of waveform and fault analysis.
- Good working Knowledge of MS Office application such as MS Excel, MS Word etc.
- Strong communication skills, Team Player, Good work Ethics and sense of urgency
Company: GE Renewable Energy
Location: Noida, UP
Job Category: Electrical Engineering
Join all India Electrical Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Electrical Jobs WhatsApp Group