Dow is looking for an ambitious bachelor’s student, to support the Mechanical / PCE (Static Equipment) Department by doing an internship project for their location in Chennai / India.
Dow is offering great career opportunities in a global and international environment.
The department that will welcome you is Mechanical/PCE.
- Integral part of a business division named, “Manufacturing & Engineering” in Dow Chemical.
- “Central Engineering – Chennai” is the location where the internship will happen.
- Primary job of Mechanical/PCE department is to design, procure & support fabrication & installation of equipment such as pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers pertaining to a process plant (20% total cost of the project typically).
Job duties and responsibilities:
Duties, projects, tasks, and activities you would be responsible for in this role:
- Gain a fundamental understanding of pressure vessels and ASME design codes.
- Learn about the process aspect of static equipment such as Reactor, Heat exchanger etc.
- Understand all mechanical components & its design procedure
- Evaluate data sheet inputs & understand the significance of the data presented
- Perform mechanical design (Both Manually & Software based)
- Learn MET (most effective technology) requirements related to Pressure vessel design
- Recognize the fabrication phase of Mechanical equipment
- Prepare mechanical detail drawing using 2D tools
Required education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities that are needed for this role (must haves):
- You are currently studying for a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have a good working knowledge of English
- Must be skilled in performing and comprehending mechanical design and possess an attention to detail.
- Capability to collaborate in multicultural environments and work in teams
You can start between June and July of 2023 for a period of 2months (exact timing to be discussed).
- Gain hands-on experience in Industry standards used in designing plant components for Process plants.
- Exposure to Dow’s work processes and methodology in executing projects globally.
- Bridging gap between academically gained knowledge and industry requirements.
- Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen; you will receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network – meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future.
Job/Req. ID: R2042338
Location: Chennai, TN
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Mechanical Jobs WhatsApp Group
Sorry, the job you’re looking for is not available. There are other latest opportunities you might be interested in. Check them out on the homepage.