GlobalFoundries is seeking a motivated, self-driven engineer to develop Compact models of HV MOSFET devices, which are actively used by clients to design state-of-the-art IC design solutions.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- The role requires a strong background in semiconductor device physics. The candidate should be familiar with the electrical behaviors of semiconductor devices (DC/low frequency, RF/high frequency, noise, mismatch, etc.), and the types of test structures that are needed to characterize them.
- The candidate should be able to apply his/her knowledge of semiconductor device physics in a practical compact model extraction scenario, such as being able to analyze and explain the trends in the data, being able to distinguish real trends from ‘noise’, associate various physical phenomena with the observed trends, submit electrical characterization requests, extract various compact modeling parameters, do various QA checks and submit the model for release.
- The candidate should also be able to do design and layout of test structures; be able to correlate device cross section with layout; do various kinds of simulations in Cadence ADE; be proficient in writing python scripts for doing model parameter extraction, data analysis and QA; have knowledge of industry standard compact model families and parameter extraction tools/methodologies; have knowledge of Verilog-A and be able to write Verilog-A models; and be able to field customer queries pertaining the model.
Apart from strong technical skills, the candidate should also possess excellent communication skills and be able to work across geographies and time zones. He/She should be self driven and self motivated to excel, innovate and solve problems. This position is based out of Bangalore.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Education PhD in the domain of semiconductor devices
- Years of Experience: 0-4 years
PhD with specialization in HV MOSFET devices
Job/Req. ID: JR-2300997
Location: Bangalore, KA
Job Category: VLSI Engineering
Join all India VLSI Jobs Telegram Group