Baker Hughes is hiring Mechanical/Aerospace Engineers in Bangalore.
Job duties and responsibilities:
As Lead Systems Engineer – Compressors, Expanders, Steam Turbines and Plant Solutions, you will be responsible for Systems Engineering activities for New Product Development (NPD) programs and product life cycle support on Compressors, Expanders, Steam Turbines and Plant Solutions. You will guide the overall technical effort, in close collaboration with the Program Manager, Product Leader, and other functions, driving adoption of Systems Engineering practice.
As Lead Systems Engineer – Compressors, Expanders, Steam Turbines and Plant Solutions, you will be responsible for:
- Being the ultimate technical owner and design authority on the program, and prime technical interface for internal Stakeholders and Customers.
- Defining and coordinating Engineering resources and activities (Engineering Work Breakdown Structure – WBS) and monitor the progress of design throughout the program lifecycle.
- Defining and maintaining product functional architecture, product breakdown structure (PBS), physical architecture, system interfaces, requirements allocation, and their relevant verification and validation.
- Flowing down product requirements and identifies system and subsystem requirements.
- Ensuring the product development (PD) process is followed including any required technical reviews such as design reviews, risk reviews, manufacturability reviews, supply chain reviews.
- Coordinating with procurement for the technical content of offers evaluation and suppliers selection, adopting rigorous cost analysis practice.
- Providing timely communications to Executive Management on technical, program, organizational and resource matters.
- Remaining current with Systems Engineering state-of-the-art, promoting adoption and taking active part to company related initiatives (e.g. SEP board).
Qualifications and experience required:
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or equivalent from an accredited University or College.
- Have professional system engineering experience in Turbomachinery engineering or Process/Plant engineering or Technology with a strong technical background
- Demonstrate capability to execute projects or programs and interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have knowledge of at least one of the following products/solutions: Compressors,
- Expanders, Steam Turbines or Plant Solutions
- Have clear thinking attitude with entrepreneur’s mindset.
- Have good verbal and written skills, be fluent in English
- Six Sigma certification
- INCOSE SEP certificate
Job/Req. ID: R101490
Company: Baker Hughes
Location: Bangalore, KA
Do you want Job alerts on your Phone? Join our WhatsApp/Telegram Group