GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for a highly motivated engineer to work on the TMO (Tapeout & Mask Operations) team as a Frame Layout/Automation Engineer located in Bangalore, India.
You will be responsible for delivering content within the frames using various computer-aided physical design tools and scripting abilities primarily for, but not limited to, Fab 2-7 (Singapore), Fab 9 (Burlington, VT) and Fab 10 (East Fishkill, NY). The successful candidate will enjoy a variety of assignments that will include developing automation to generate electrical and optical structures that are also known as Process Control Monitoring (PCM) structures, contributing to test efforts for our unique frame software and infrastructure as well as evaluating and optimizing our engineering development processes. This role requires working with worldwide Frame and other engineers that use semiconductor manufacturing tools (i.e., lithography and metrology) and test tools in our Fabs. A successful candidate will also develop skills to generate and verify frames bordering internal or client supplied chip designs to support the generation of semiconductor testsites and product masks. The successful candidate enjoys delivering continuously improving products in the increasingly complex world of chip manufacturing by conducting Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, driving actions to reduce risks and engaging in structured problem-solving sessions. Further, this role will include minimizing the cycle time to generate production designs for our high volume technology offerings.
- Engage with Technology Development, Process Integration, Metrology, Photolithography, Characterization, Data Preparation, Design Services, and Mask House teams for specifications to design electrical and optical designs.
- Use or customize Process Design Kits (PDKs) as well as other physical design tools to generate electrical and optical designs. This may also include assembling an overall frame structure for reticle level design.
- Verify the accuracy of electrical and optical designs using Design Rule Checking (DRC) tools or similar custom scripts and work with the specification owners to gain approval by the Waiver Review Board (WRB) when applicable. This may also include verifying overall frame structures.
- Use or customize internally developed software code and commercially available software tools to generate documentation. This may also include generating numerical files that drive automation for our Fabs and Mask House.
- Communicate inputs and assess progress to project schedules.
- Participate in meetings with peer Frame teams located in the US and Singapore.
- Interact with other teams such as Field Application Engineering, Product Engineering, Release Team, and Design Enablement, to assist with providing a best-in-class Customer Tape-out Operations experience.
- Occasionally interact with external clients to understand and support their needs.
- Participate in assessing our team business processes and suggest continuous improvements as well as automation opportunities to enhance the teams’ productivity. This includes developing, tracking and reporting on team metrics.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- Masters Degree (2019/2020)
- Please indicate % of travel – 10% or Less
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal – Fully Fluent in English is a requirement.
- Proficient in P-Cell Coding, Layout generation
- SKILL/TCL Programming
- Layout Knowledge/Experience
- Basic Fundamental knowledge of Optical Lithography
- Understanding of Electrical Features Design
Job/Req. ID: 19004575
Location: Bengaluru, KA