GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for Yield Engineering Intern focused on Electrical Characterization, Yield Analysis and Fab Operations Support.
This position is for Yield Engineering Intern in GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ India center at Bangalore, supporting 200 and 300mm wafer fabs in US, Singapore, and Germany.
Job duties and responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for electrical characterization, yield analysis, and production lots disposition to drive product yield, line yield and manufacturing operations.
- Production Sustaining: Monitoring electrical performance tends, disposition of holds at electrical and sort test, support general/urgent fab operational issues, scrap investigation, analysis for process change review boards
- Candidate will drive yield enhancement for multiple products by analyzing failing electrical parameters and rapidly data mining to investigate root causes and containing excursions and protecting supply
- Develop and improve yield characterization and data analysis methodologies to rapidly determine yield limiters, correlation to in-line defectivity and metrology, and electrical parametric signals
- Support process module engineering activities through electrical test, inline metrology, and yield analysis to improve cost, cycle-time, and manufacturing robustness
- Clear reporting and communication of issues to home teams on a daily basis
- Must be flexible in job assignment and ready to work on weekend shifts on a rotational basis as required by the business
Qualifications and Experience required:
- BE/BTech or MS/MTech students studying in the field of Electrical (Microelectronics)/ Electronics Engineering or Applied Physics and graduating in 2020 or 2021
- Coursework and understanding of fundamentals of semiconductor technology, solid state device physics and submicron FET architectures
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a globally matrixed team or environment
- Organized, proactive, excellent analytical skills, on-time delivery of work assigned, and good verbal and written communication
- Basic knowledge of Statistics
- Scripting and coding skills (R or Python) are desirable
Job/Req. ID: 20004081
Location: Bangalore, KA