GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking a motivated, self-driven engineer to develop FET compact models which are actively used by clients to design critical CMOS circuits suchs High-Speed IOs and Transimpedance Amplifiers (TIAs) for state-of-the-art monolithic solutions.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Familiarity with SOI FET transistor engineering, processing and modeling methodologies, including BSIM and PSP (bulk & SOI), are required to obtain accurate device characteristics suitable for high-frequency applications
- This includes an understanding of how the various model parameters affect the simulation results and how one might extract these parameters from measured data.
- The role requires a demonstrated background in semiconductor device physics and high-speed circuit design while utilizing automation software for data analysis, parameter extraction & simulation of the device/circuit characteristics.
- Comprehensive knowledge is required of Direct Current (DC), Scattering-parameter, high-frequency measurements for linear and Non-linear characterization, including de-embedding techniques.
- Experience working with EDA tools, hardware description languages, Electro-Magnetic and integrated circuit simulators are desirable.
- Applicant will be a member of an established technical team, driven by collaborative innovation and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated effective communication (written & verbal), analytical thinking, desire to innovate, and people skills are also required
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical & Electronics, Microelectronics Engineering or Physics; PhD is preferred
- At least 1 years experience in Device/Circuit Design and Compact Modeling; 1+ years is preferred
- Proficient in English
Job/Req. ID: 20003642